Reviewed interim condensed consolidated financial statements for the six months ended 31 December 2020
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number: 1944/018119/06)
SHARE CODE: AEG
("Aveng" or "the Group")
Short-form SENS Announcement
Reviewed interim condensed consolidated financial statements for the six months ended 31 December
- Group revenue increased to R12,9 billion (December 2019: R11,2 billion) with core revenue
increasing by 53% driven by improved performance at McConnell Dowell
- Increase in operating earnings to R280 million (December 2019: R14 million) with McConnell
Dowell, Moolmans, Trident Steel and Manufacturing all profitable
- R314 million improvement in headline earnings to R109 million (0,6 cents per share) from a
headline loss of R205 million (1,1 cents per share)
- Earnings per share improved to 2,3 cents per share from a loss of 0,9 cents per share in the
- R1,3 billion improvement in operating free cash flow to R1,4 billion (December 2019: R174
- R1 billion improvement in net cash position to R579 million, excluding lease liabilities (June
2020: R552 net debt position)
- Increase in work in hand to R27,7 billion from R26,8 billion
- McConnell Dowell – added AUD1 billion to work-in-hand
- Net asset value per share increased to 10,8 cents per share from 9,5 cents per share in the
About Aveng Limited
Aveng is an international infrastructure, resources and contract mining group operating in selected
markets and capitalising on the expertise and experience within McConnell Dowell and Moolmans.
The short-form announcement is the responsibility of the directors and is only a summary of information
in the full announcement which is available on the company’s website (www.aveng.co.za).
This announcement does not contain full or complete details and any investment decisions by investors
and/or shareholders should be based on consideration of the published SENS available on:
The interim results for the six month period ended 31 December 2020, have been reviewed by the
Company's external auditors Ernst & Young Inc., in accordance with International Standard on Review
Engagements ISRE 2410 Review of Interim Financial Information Performed by the Independent Auditors
of the Entity ("ISRE 2410"). The unmodified review opinion is available on request from the Company
Secretary at the Company's registered office.
The full announcement is available for inspection at the registered office and/or the sponsor’s office, at no
charge during office hours.
23 February 2021
UBS South Africa Proprietary Limited
SJ Flanagan (Group Chief Executive Officer) | AH Macartney (Group Finance Director)
PA Hourquebie (Independent Non-executive Chair) | MA Hermanus (Lead Independent Non-executive) |
MJ Kilbride (Independent Non-executive) | B Modise (Independent Non-executive)
3rd Floor, 10 The High Street, Melrose Arch, 2076
Date: 23-02-2021 07:05:00
Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.