Short-form SENS Announcement
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number: 1944/018119/06)
SHARE CODE: AEG
("Aveng" or "the Group")
Short-form SENS Announcement
Audited consolidated annual financial statements for the year ended 30 June 2021
- Group revenue increased to R25,7 billion (June 2020: R20,9 billion)
- Significant turnaround in operating earnings to R536 million (June 2020: R532 million loss)
- Headline earnings substantially improved to R751 million (June 2020: R950 million headline loss)
- Equity raised of R873 million
- Generated operating free cash flow of R1,5 billion (June 2020: R5 million outflow)
- Group debt reduced from R2,4 billion to R1,4 billion
- Net cash position of R1,1 billion (June 2020: R1 billion net debt)
- Work in hand of R25,3 billion (June 2020: R26,8 billion)
- Earnings per share of 2,7 cents (June 2020: 4,6 cents loss per share, restated)
- Headline earnings per share of 2,0 cents (June 2020: 4,0 cents loss per share, restated)
About Aveng Limited
Aveng is an international infrastructure, resources and contract mining group operating in selected
markets and capitalising on the expertise and experience within McConnell Dowell and Moolmans.
The short-form announcement is the responsibility of the directors and is only a summary of information
in the full announcement which is available on the companyís website (www.aveng.co.za).
This announcement does not contain full or complete details and any investment decisions by investors
and/or shareholders should be based on consideration of the published SENS available on:
The annual financial statements were audited by Ernst & Young Inc., who expressed an unqualified audit
opinion thereon. The full audit opinion, including any key audit matters, is available on the Groupís
website together with the Aveng Limited annual financial statements.
The full announcement is available for inspection at the registered office and/or the sponsorís office, at
no charge during office hours.
30 August 2021
UBS South Africa Proprietary Limited
SJ Flanagan (Group Chief Executive Officer) | AH Macartney (Group Finance Director)
PA Hourquebie (Independent Non-executive Chair) | MA Hermanus (Lead Independent Non-executive) |
MJ Kilbride (Independent Non-executive) | B Modise (Independent Non-executive) | BC Meyer
3rd Floor, 10 The High Street, Melrose Arch, 2076
Date: 30-08-2021 05:50:00
Produced by the JSE SENS Department. The SENS service is an information dissemination service administered by the JSE Limited ('JSE').
The JSE does not, whether expressly, tacitly or implicitly, represent, warrant or in any way guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of
the information published on SENS. The JSE, their officers, employees and agents accept no liability for (or in respect of) any direct,
indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage of any kind or nature, howsoever arising, from the use of SENS or the use of, or reliance on,
information disseminated through SENS.